Diabetes is a common disease in our life. According to an estimation, 415 million people are diabetic in the world and it will increase to 642 million in 2040. Diabetes is a disorder in health, that increase blood sugar or blood glucose level in the body. Generally, there are three kinds of diabetes; diabetes type 1 which appears when the body can not generate insulin, diabetes type 2 which is the most familiar type of diabetes and Gestational diabetes which normally appears in women’s bodies during their pregnancy.
Diabetic patients have a risk to form some other issues in their body like; heart disease, mental disorders like depression, etc. To control diabetes it is not necessary to live in deprivation like to omit sweets for a lifetime or to take bland food every day rather you can control diabetes through a healthy diet chart. There is no necessity to cut off all your favorite dishes to control diabetes. Before going into the diet chart you have to be clear about some myths first.
- Avoid sugar at any cost.
- Ignore carbohydrates.
- To take special diabetic meals.
- Take high protein diets.
To know more about the diet chart follow SagaRaga
A maintained diet chart is very important to diabetic patients for decreasing the blood sugar level. Though it’s not easy to figure out the best foods for diabetic patients still here is a diet chart that will be suitable for diabetic patients. Saga explains more information about this in detail.
- Fatty fishes can be a great option for diabetic patients. Sardine, Salmon, Herring, Mackerel are full of omega 3, EPA and DHA which control diabetes and lesses the chances of heart stroke.
- Leafy green vegetables are also very suitable for diabetic patients as these are highly nutritious. It helps to digest carbohydrates which increase the blood sugar percentage. Mineral-rich leafy vegetables like; Spinach, Kale is very suitable to control diabetes.
- Eggs are favorite to all for their amazing health benefits. Diabetic patients also can take eggs as it improves insulin sensitivity and controls the blood sugar level.
- Chia seeds are great for diabetic patients as they are fiber-rich. Chia seeds decrease the blood sugar level.
- Greek yogurt is a great choice for diabetic patients as it improves blood sugar levels.
- Broccoli is useful for diabetic patients as it helps to lessen insulin level in blood.
- Flaxseeds are an incredible option for diabetic patients to control the blood sugar level by improving the hemoglobin level in blood.
- Shirataki noodles are suitable for controlling diabetes. You can take this fiber-rich noodles to control your diabetes.
- Strawberries are also a great option for diabetic patients as it improves the blood sugar level.
Raga offers detailed information about this.
Try to avoid some foods to control your blood sugar level such as deep-fried foods, fast foods, chips, white bread, rice, red meat, etc.
A daily practice of yoga also can be very helpful to control diabetes. Asanas, meditations, and pranayamas can fight diabetes. Yoga helps to improve glucose levels. Stress, high blood pressure, and obesity are common to all diabetic patients probably. High blood pressure is the biggest issue due to diabetes. Therefore it is very important to control blood pressure for diabetic patients and yoga is the best way to do it. In fact, after practicing yoga every day you will feel the result. Doctors also suggest yoga to diabetic patients as it decreases high blood sugar levels and controls the blood glucose level. Moreover, you will get a stress free mind by yoga. So practice yoga every day to get a healthy life.